The finance department is made up of chief accountant, senior accountant, three accountants and two finance officers. The finance department is to ensure judicious use of funds, to coordinate financial planning and budgeting activities. To support the organization with appropriate skills for accounting and financial transaction consistent with national and international norms of accounting and financial management practices.
• To ensure that financial records and report are prepared accurately and timely
• Work in conjunction with PPMED for preparation of budget estimates.
• Investigate complex enquiries, provide assistance and advice as required.
• To provide effective cost management system and ensure proper control and valuation of stocks.
• Ensure financial information is processed in accordance with procedures
• Provide advice on financial policy issues to non-financial/financial managers.
• To analyze and forecast revenue and expenditure trends and prepare cash flow analysis for the organization.
a) Assist with preparation of budget
b) Establish and maintain cash controls and reconcile the general ledger
c) Processing of creditors invoice and maintaining their accounts
d) Issue cheque and receipt for all account due
e) Ensure data and transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerized accounting system
f) Maintain financial files, records and computerized accounting system
g) To reconcile both account payables, receivables and prepare journal summaries.
h) To compile source document
i) To provide efficient and effective office management
Financial Management System
a) Provide input into the formulation of the financial management controls and policies.
b) Ensure compliance with ministry of health accounting procedures ,policies and standards
c) Assist in development of information system to enhance financial information of the organization.
d) Prepare monthly /annual account with the reporting of analysis department, budget and forecasting.
e) To provide technical support on financial management system to various stations within the regions.
a) Work in conjunction with PPMED for preparation of budget estimate
b) To ensure the adherence of all budget management center to the financial reporting and management procedure, ATF rules of all income and expenditure
c) Prepare monthly and quarterly financial report.
d) To ensure compliance with statutory requirement.
e) Liaising with auditors to ensure that all point are satisfactory dealt with in a timely manner
f) Analyze financial accounting data received from various stations
g) Capacity building in GIFMIS