The department is responsible for formulating policies on procurement and supply chain as well as coordinate central procurement and supervise the management of NAS Stores. It is responsible for monitoring and evaluation of utilization of supplies by NAS HQ and its stations to ensure efficiency.
It consists of the following units:
• Procurement Unit
• NAS Stores
• Maintains and updates the procurement procedures including standard bidding documents.
• Executes procurements on an agency level. • Co-ordinates emergency procurement and donations.
• Provides training and supervises procurement at Headquarters and regional level
• Advises on all procurement issues.
• Receives stores and distributes NAS’s goods and services.
• Monitors the supply chain to ascertain timeliness and quality of goods.