The Public Relations Unit, formally established on September 3, 2013 is mandated to establish and maintain goodwill and mutual understanding between the Service and its Public.
• To provide credible and timely information about the Service’s activities.
• Establish and maintain mutual relationship between NAS and its public (the general public, employees and other agencies of M.O.H).
• To ensure that policies, objectives, programmes and services of the agency are communicated to the public as demanded.
• Planning of publicity strategies and campaigns for the service
• Co-ordinate the writing and producing presentations and press releases.
• Dealing with inquiries from the public, the media and related organizations
• Organizing promotional events such as press conferences, open days, exhibitions, tours and visits
• Providing clients with information about new services and other activities and programmes been introduced by the service
• Liaising with Divisional Directors and heads of department and responding to inquiries from media, individuals and other organizations, often via telephone and email.
• Analyzing media coverage from events organized by the Service.
• Leading in the designing, writing and /or producing presentations, press releases, articles, leaflets, ‘in-house’ journals, magazines, reports, publicity brochures, information for the Service web sites and promotional videos.
• Management and update of information and engagement with users on social media sites of the Service.